It’s November now, 11 months since my journey and commitment to health began. Lots of changes have happened since my last post, all of which I am excited to share. First, Rich and I tied the knot on September 21, 2013! It was absolutely a dream come true from start to finish and I felt beyond lucky to have most of the people I love in one room. There were many speeches, and each one mentioned how the partnership that Rich and I have created helped me to overcome the worst health challenges I have ever faced. Hearing those words felt like a moment of pure triumph, and I am looking forward to continuing the journey together.
(Above photo courtesy of Ashley Therese Photography – I recorded a cover of Gavin DeGraw’s “Overrated” at RedGate Studios in Mt. Vernon, New York, and played it at the reception. This was Rich’s reaction).
Married life has so far been an awesome experience; it’s so wonderful to just enjoy each other and not be wedding planning every single moment. We are very much enjoying living our lives in the moment and taking advantage of things that come our way. Which brings me to my next topic: I am announcing that I will be taking the blog to a new level. So what does this mean? :
- New Name! The blog now has a new name: The Food Haven. After much thought, I wanted to incorporate all healthy recipes, including delicious raw treats and grain free, dairy free, gluten free, and soy free recipes.
- More Recipes! As our kitchen has been busy with many new recipes, my blog should also be filling you with new knowledge. After all, the holidays are coming up, and you need an awesome way to make pumpkin bread that is ridiculous delicious and free of foods that make you feel horrible.
- Paleo AND raw! Yes, this may sound like an oxy moron, but I vary between different recipes. I eat what makes my body feel focused, strong, and resilient. So the variety on the blog just got a whole lot better!
What’s a blog post without a recipe? Here you go:
Carolyn’s Favorite Food: The Grain Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Waffle. Ingredients:
- Waffle iron
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of himalayan salt
- tablespoon cinnamon
Combine wet ingredients first, and then add the almond flour. Wisk well. Pour into waffle iron, bake, and enjoy!
Until next time, have a healthy and happy day.